Adult Coloring Book Pages
I just love this new trend! It’s what moms have known for generations, coloring is fun! But it made international news when some adult coloring books made the Amazon top seller list. Kids love coloring and it’s easy to see why. It’s calming and peaceful. And now researchers are finding some therapeutic benefits as well.
Somehow “coloring inside the lines” gets a bad rap. Like if you color inside the lines or give a child a book to do just that, you are stifling creativity or not being creative. While there is some truth to that, the value and benefits from coloring inside the lines should not be dismissed.
I have several coloring books, sets of crayons, colored pencils and markers. I often have both boys sit down and we do it together. Both kids enjoy it despite having very different skill levels.
I love the new trend of more mature or adult-themed books and printables. This way, tweens and teens (and even older) can work on fine motor and other skills, without having to use a babyish or preschool level coloring book.
Therapeutic Benefits of Coloring
- task completion
- fine motor
- storytelling (why did you color it that way?)
- language development
- peaceful, calming
- can be done independently or in a group
- hand-eye coordination
- helps to unlock creativity
- attention to detail
Now, I’m sure that the media and marketers will ruin this and overdo it, but you don’t have to overthink it. If you have kids, you likely already have crayons, markers, and pastels in your home. You don’t need new stuff, though you may wish to find pictures that are more appealing to you than the Curious George coloring book that I see laying on my kids’ floor. No disrespect to George of course, we love him! But it’s ok if you want to color some more intricate or advanced pages, I hesitate to use the word “adult coloring pages” because who knows what type of internet searches that will bring me.
Just like with coloring pages and coloring books for kids, the assortment for adults is varied. And just like with the kids, some coloring books and pages are free and some cost money. Here are some options for both. If you want to color something other than mandalas, you may have to search around a bit. What is it with all the mandalas? Just because coloring is a Zen activity doesn’t mean that all we want to color is Buddhist stuff!
Where to Buy Adult Coloring Books
- Barnes & Noble
- Dover Publications
- Ollie’s Bargain Outlet
- Just about anywhere now (this is an older post, several years ago, they were harder to find)
Free Coloring Pages for Adults and Teens
Here are some options for free coloring pages. I found that the Crayola website has some very simple options that are still educational. For example, they have a world flags section, and some of the flags are simple designs. That way, if you are working with disabled teens and adults, it’s not babyish if that’s a concern for you.
- Color Pages for Moms
- Coloring Pages for Adults/Just Color
- Zen and anti-stress coloring pages
- Super Coloring
Mandala Coloring Pages
It seems whenever you look for coloring pages or see an assortment of coloring books for sale, you see mandalas.
Mandala is a complex, symmetrical or asymmetrical ornament that represents a microcosm of the entire universe. The basic form of most mandalas is a circle in which are depicted symbolic gates of the cosmos.
Mandalas are commonly used as an aid to meditation and as an advanced anti-stress therapy. Each mandala is different and unique. It can be represented in the form of a Tibetan, oriental pattern for beginners or a complicated, intricate image for experts. Work hard while coloring mandala, open your heart and fall into the depth of your own soul!
I love all the new options. So much fun. They make a perfect gift, and with winter coming, a real boredom beater!
More Coloring for Adults and Teens
- Kane, Andrew (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 105 Pages - 01/24/2022 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
- WHAT YOU GET -- 72 colored pencils + 1 Soucolor pencil eco-friendly tube. Convenient to storing and keep the color all visible, without any trouble finding the color you are looking for.
- PREMIUM PENCILS-- 72-color art colored pencils have soft leads, easy to sharpen, they won't breaking, cracking or crumbling.
- MULTIPLE COLOR -- 72 individual colors, rich colors provide smooth coloring, easy blending and shading, colorful illustrations Perfect for drawing, sketching, adult coloring book.
- SAFE To USE -- Odorless Materials. With safety certificate EN71. Note: Choking Hazard: Small parts, not suitable for under 3 years of age.
- Kim, Coloring Book (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 102 Pages - 09/04/2020 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
- 【160 Gel Pens for Coloring】In Aen Art we offer 80 INDIVIDULE colors plus 80 matched refills. This Including 11 Glitter, 18 Metallic, 18 Pastel, 18 Neon, 6 Rainbow, 9 Classic. We believe our pens will meet all need when choosing gel pen
- 【Artist Quality & High Performance】Our gel pens and refills come with 40% more ink, features 0.8mm-1mm ballpoint tip and soft grips. Which make Aen Art pens last longer than others, and perfect for writing, drawing, sketching
- 【Generous & Valuable Pack】Not only will you get gel pens but also you get 5 Coloring sheets for practice and 1 Premium Carrying Case. The case gives you storage for your gel pens to keep them securely in place with individual inserts
- 【Create Colorful Artworks with Aen Art】Our coloring gel pen set is non-toxic and acid-free. This allow you to enjoy a smooth application for card making, arts crafts, adult coloring books, school project, DIY letters and more
- Why Not Consider giving this set as A Gift? For now, gelly roll drawing pens are popular gifts for kids, adult or artists who like to express imagination. Never worry about getting a bad products we have been in business for years.
- Press, Bridget Coloring (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 60 Pages - 03/06/2021 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
- 34 Variety of colors with no duplicates, water-based, vibrant ink. rich and vivid colors arouse your artistic creativity.
- Dual Tip Pens are designed with 0.4mm fine tip and 1-2mm brush tip. 0.4mm fine tip is great for drawing lines & details, works well for intricate coloring books, writing, doodles; 1-2mm brush tip works well for coloring books, signing, design, art project and hand lettering.
- Great Gift for adults, teacher, college students, beginners and For using in school, travel or used in the home and office. Perfects for adult coloring books, sketch, illustrations, drawing, planner, journal, notebook, calendar, signing, manga, animation, graphic, design, art project and more!
- Vibrant no bleed watercolor Markers which are also no leak, So we bring odorless water-based ink with our brush calligraphy pens, it will gives consistent lines for detail fine art and brush lettering.
When you purchase items from Amazon from this site, I receive a small percentage at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting A Day in our Shoes.