Are you looking for Christmas apps that are both fun and educational? Well, I was and found it nearly impossible to get a good list. So I went digging and found my own. From Christmas social stories apps, picture identification, vocabulary building, sequencing and so much more. I think this is a great list if I do say so myself. It was nearly impossible to find 20 free ones that fit the criteria I was looking for. But these are reasonably priced and I tried to pay attention the user reviews too. Keep in mind prices change all the time and the links were working when this was edited.
20 Educational Christmas Apps
If you just want free apps, here is a small assortment from Amazon, so they will be Android.
- Mr. Turkey, where are you? – Visuals Work: I chose this one, even though it is Thanksgiving (but hey, we eat turkey at Christmastime too!) because it works on the ‘wh’ questions, pronouns and other vocab concepts.
2. i Get… Christmas Social Skills Stories – I Get It, LLC: If you use social stories apps, this seems like a good one to have. Lots of social norms and unexpected things happen at the holidays!
3. i Get… Christmas Vocabulary Photo Album Books – I Get It, LLC: Christmas and the holidays are a great time to introduce new vocabulary.
4. A Charlie Brown Christmas – Loud Crow Interactive Inc.: I like this because most parents love A Charlie Brown Christmas because we grew up with it. This helps bridge learning.
5. Christmas Puzzle 4 Preschool Kids & Children HD – first fun xmas educational learning game 4 toddlers – Abuzz D.O.O.: Lots of puzzles to work on problem solving.
6. I spy a reindeer – Visuals Work: Helps kids work on the word “I” and pronouns.
7. Sticky Numbers Xmas – DOHK LLC: Helps with math, counting and visualizing what 2 of something or 3 of something looks like.
8. First Words Christmas – Learning Touch LLC: Fill in the blank, sort of like hangman, works on vocab and literacy skills.
9. Christmas Toddler: Educational Games for Toddlers and Preschool Kids – FAMILY PLAY PTE. LTD.: I couldn’t care boo if it has the word toddler in it and my kid is not a toddler…if they are educational and he can benefit from them, so be it. And out of the few we’ve purchased so far, he loves this one.
10. My Charlie Brown Christmas Tree – Loud Crow Interactive Inc.: Helps with drag and drop skills, plus bridging learning to other Christmas traditions.
11. Christmas Draw and Send: Personal and Fun Greeting Cards – Touchoo: Draw and send lets you send these to others. What a great way to work on socialization as well as a conversation starter for the next time they see that person.
12. Christmas Radio+ – Nick Culbertson: You can sing along! Mimicking, new sounds, new vocab.
13. 123 Kids Fun CHRISTMAS TREE (Free App) – RosMedia: I thought that the tree decorating would help with sequencing.
14. Amazing Santa – Christmas Gift – HD Maze learning games for kids and toddler – Tiltan Games (2013) LTD: Mazes to work on problem solving and sequencing.
15. Christmas-This fun app has a bunch of fun stuff built in, like a countdown calendar, an Advent surprise calendar and music and riddles.
16. Christmas Tree Maker- Yes, you guessed it. With this app, you decorate trees.
Latest posts by Lisa Lightner
- FAQs about IEPs and Moving to a Different School/State. - September 16, 2019
- 31 Family-Favorite Apple Picking Orchards in NJ | PA | DE | MD - September 15, 2019
- If I request an IEP meeting, how long does the school have to respond? - September 12, 2019