Holiday Social Stories
This list of Holiday Social Stories and Christmas Social Stories was compiled by popular request. Every year, I dig up this post and go over a couple of them with my autistic son. Social stories about Christmas are so important. There are many free social stories here on this site.
Think about some holiday traditions from your child’s perspective. I know my son’s preschool did a Polar Express Day around Christmas time. It’s a day when you wear your pajamas to school. To some literal thinkers and rules-followers, why in the world would you wear your pajamas to school? Right?
The holiday season often changes EVERYTHING for our households. Our schedules, what we eat, what we wear, who we are with, and what we do. Of course, it brings anxiety! If your child benefits from social stories, I have rounded up some printable sociable stories for you.
Heck, I may even print some and use them with my non-disabled child. After all, non-disabled kids get tired, stressed and hungry during these times too. Why shouldn’t we prepare and inform all kids of the changes and transitions that are about to occur?
A few words about these printable social stories for Christmas: I went through the list today to make sure all the links are valid. Some have an advertisement cover sheet, but if you click through, the social story will be there. As of September 2019, they are all working.
Christmas Social Stories for Kids
- Christmas social story about visiting family by Positively Autism
- Christmas social story visit from Santa by Positively Autism
- Christmas Social Story
- Christmas social story-Getting Presents
- Picture Cards for Christmas 2 by Do2Learn
- Picture Cards for Christmas (no words) by Do2Learn
- Getting Dressed for Winter by And Next Comes 1
- Pajama Day by Creating and Teaching
I hope you have a great holiday!
Latest posts by Lisa Lightner
- Why IEP Parents Should Never Agree to the “Let’s just Wait and See.” - January 21, 2020
- Can a Parent Refuse Special Education Services? What happens next? - January 20, 2020
- IEP School Refusal | Why it should be Number One Priority for All Schools. - January 19, 2020