Wheelchair and Hospital Elf Ideas
I’ll admit, when Elf first came out, I loved him. Then I hated him. Well, not him, but I hated how competitive it was on social media. Seemed like every mom was trying to outdo all her friends with crazy Elf ideas. Now we’re back to loving our Elf on the Shelf again.
Once I started digging into this and looking for Elf ideas with disabilities, I found that you can really get carried away. You can get a wheelchair for your elf, create Elf in the hospital settings…even get him a service dog!
I kind of wish I had done this a few years ago. And, over the years, we’ve come up with some really easy Elf on the Shelf ideas, and some fun ones that represent our family.
*Please note, I found most of these pictures on Pinterest and they had nothing attached to them. If they are your photos, please email me and I will happily link back to your original post.
Elf on the Shelf-Autism and Sensory
Let’s start with an Elf on the Shelf who has autism. No big deal, right? 2% of the population has it, so why not your Elf?
Here is an Elf who likes to line up things.
He lines up train cars too. I mean, who doesn’t? And these are both pretty easy to do and you likely already have the stuff at home.
How about a weighted blanket? You know what–go to Dollar Tree and get an oven pad or holder. And voila! Instant weighted blanket.
How about a swing for vestibular input? Is your Elf a sensory seeker?
ILS Learning Corner has a whole sensory series for your Elf. Tons of great ideas!
Elf on the Shelf Neurology Ideas
How about an Elf who has epilepsy, seizures or other neurological issues?
Here is an Elf getting an EEG.
And here is an Elf getting an MRI.
I’m trying to think of what I could use at home to mimic an MRI. A tissue box maybe?
Elf on the Shelf using a Wheelchair
Does your Elf use a wheelchair? There is a blog called Have Wheelchair, will travel and they have a lot of cool wheelchair ideas.
Elf on the Shelf using Crutches.
You can buy wheelchairs for dolls, so that would work. I also saw makeshift ones made out of Legos, using CDs for wheels, all kinds of creative things. I also have seen crutches and walkers for dolls too.
Elf on the Shelf Service Dogs
Does you Elf need a service dog?
You can get one!
Elf on the Shelf with T1, Type 1 Diabetes
Hey, it happens! Make your child feel at home if your Elf has to do testing too.
Elf on the Shelf Hospital Ideas
Maybe your child is at the doctor or hospital a lot. Which is not funny on any day, but certainly not at the holidays. Let them know that they are not alone. Sometimes Elf has to go to the hospital too.
Sometimes he doesn’t always behave in the hospital.
And sometimes Elf gets the flu. Bet he wishes that he got a flu shot! Click image if you want to know more about the photographer.
I hope this helps you plan some Elf on the Shelf ideas for your child with autism, special needs or other disabilities.
- DIVERSE FIGURE SET: Encourage open-mindedness and inclusivity through play with the diverse abilities friends figure set
- DURABLE: Solid vinyl construction stands up to daily use and will not be damaged if tossed, stomped on, chewed, or pounded
- EDUCATIONAL: Figure set adds inspiration and encourages social awareness to playtime
- SET OF 6: 6 figures with varying physical disabilities perfect for classrooms, daycares, or home play
- IDEAL SIZE: The tallest figure measures 5" tall, the perfect size for little ones to play with
- Helps children learn about disabilities, safety and community through creative play.
- Multicultural creative learning toys suitable for block play, day care and preschool.
- Each piece is 5" x 2" x 2"
- For ages 18m+
- Becky is a Special Edition Doll (1996). She sits in a purple wheelchair with pink cushion, arm rest, and handle grips
- She has red hair and is wearing a blue denim kirt and vest. Her pink legging adds extra color.
- A LIMITED EDITION Little Person Doll made in collaboration with SinÃad Burke
- CONTRIBUTING EDITOR TO BRITISH VOGUE Writer, Academic, Influencer, Activist, & inspiring role model
- LOTTIE DOLLS are small dolls, making them the perfect size for little kids' hands.
- This limited edition reborn baby doll is 100% handmade craftwork,with hand painting,Made of high quality silicone vinyl,Comfortable touch.Safe non-toxic, pure environmentally friendly materials.Size of the baby doll:20-22"".The doll Weight:about 2.6-3.0LB. Baby can fits into newborn size(0-3m) baby clothes.
- The head, 3/4 arms and 3/4 legs are made of soft silicone vinyl materials.The limbs are movable, the doll can sit and lay down easily.The skin is the most unique place of the lifelike baby doll, a lot of time is spent on baby's skin to make it look more realistic, multi-layer manufacturing process.Completely hand-drawn nails, redness of the nail bed and translucent nails, and even some nails life milky a half of moon shape. Weighted body for a real baby feel.
- The hair is handmade rooted mohair(fabric made from the real hair of the Angora goat). It can be washed.The hair can be any shape and fixed, just like a real baby's hair. The warm and humid lips look natural and soft that you cannot help but want to kiss.
- Eyes of the reborn baby doll are made of the high quality acrylic.The eyes can't blink and close. They look like a real baby's eyes, clear and bright, extremely realistic.
- Conforms to the safety requirements of ASTM F963 and EN71 for ages 3+. This baby doll is not only a toy for children,Best childhood playmates, she or he is a fine collectable to be enjoyed by adult collectors.
- Eye-catching design: This Pack N Play by Flash n kolor features a very kid-friendly pattern of multicolored Hot pink & Off-white Crib, a perfect gift for your little princess.
- Easy to assemble baby doll playpen bed that fits dolls up to 20 inches, MEASURES 20"L 12"W 12" H, Comes with a blanket and carrying bag.
- Doll Pack n play folds up neatly and has zip up storage bag, Perfect For ‘On the Go’ Play
- Sturdy and strong metal frame with unbreakable plastic joints, guaranteed to last!
- Safety tested for lead free USA safety regulation (Doll is not included)
- AMAZON EXCLUSIVE: Collect all of Starlet Harper’s best friends, additional fashion outfits and accessories in the Amazing Girl collection
- She has sweet blue eyes that open and close and long, ready-to-style blonde hair
- Amazing Girl Starlet Harper stands 18” tall and is the perfect sized play doll for playing dress up with and styling
- Starlet Harper’s changeable, trendy outfit includes a pretty light pink long-sleeved shirt with a sparkly sequin star, a blue chic twill peacoat with buttons, black leggings and shiny stylish pink boots
- Starlet Harper is confident, trendy and a fashionista She is super stylish and considers herself a girly-girl with a twist
When you purchase items from Amazon from this site, I receive a small percentage at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting A Day in our Shoes.