Wheelchair and Hospital Elf Ideas
I’ll admit, when Elf first came out, I loved him. Then I hated him. Well, not him, but I hated how competitive it was on social media. Seemed like every mom was trying to outdo all her friends with crazy Elf ideas. Now we’re back to loving our Elf on the Shelf again.
Once I started digging into this and looking for Elf ideas with disabilities, I found that you can really get carried away. You can get a wheelchair for your elf, create Elf in the hospital settings…even get him a service dog!
I kind of wish I had done this a few years ago. And, over the years, we’ve come up with some really last minute Elf on the Shelf ideas, and some fun ones that represent our family.
*Please note, I found most of these pictures on Pinterest and they had nothing attached to them. If they are your photos, please email me and I will happily link back to your original post.
Autism Elf on the Shelf
Let’s start with an Elf on the Shelf who has autism. No big deal, right? 2% of the population has it, so why not your Elf?
Here is an Elf who likes to line up things.
He lines up train cars too. I mean, who doesn’t? And these are both pretty easy to do and you likely already have the stuff at home.
How about a weighted blanket? You know what–go to Dollar Tree and get an oven pad or holder. And voila! Instant weighted blanket.
How about a swing for vestibular input? Is your Elf a sensory seeker?
ILS Learning Corner has a whole sensory series for your Elf. Tons of great ideas!
Elf on the Shelf Neurology Ideas
How about an Elf who has epilepsy, seizures or other neurological issues?
Here is an Elf getting an EEG.
And here is an Elf getting an MRI.
I’m trying to think of what I could use at home to mimic an MRI. A tissue box maybe?
Elf on the Shelf Wheelchair
Does your Elf use a wheelchair? There is a blog called Have Wheelchair, will travel and they have a lot of cool wheelchair ideas.
Elf on the Shelf using Crutches.
You can buy wheelchairs for dolls, so that would work. I also saw makeshift ones made out of Legos, using CDs for wheels, all kinds of creative things. I also have seen crutches and walkers for dolls too.
Elf on the Shelf Service Dogs
Does you Elf need a service dog?
You can get one!
Elf on the Shelf with T1, Type 1 Diabetes
Hey, it happens! Make your child feel at home if your Elf has to do testing too.
Elf on the Shelf Hospital Ideas
Maybe your child is at the doctor or hospital a lot. Which is not funny on any day, but certainly not at the holidays. Let them know that they are not alone. Sometimes Elf has to go to the hospital too.
Sometimes he doesn’t always behave in the hospital.
And sometimes Elf gets the flu. Bet he wishes that he got a flu shot! Click image if you want to know more about the photographer.
I hope this helps you plan some Elf on the Shelf ideas for your child with autism, special needs or other disabilities.
- Helps children learn about disabilities, safety and community through creative play.
- Multicultural creative learning toys suitable for block play, day care and preschool.
- Each piece is 5" x 2" x 2"
- For ages 18m+
- DOLL WITH COCHLEAR IMPLANT wearing red rain jacket, cute ladybird t-shirt, jeans & red rain boots.
- DOLL WITH DARK BROWN HAIR has brown eyes and dark skin, too. Complete with doll-sized camera!
- TOYS FOR GIRLS & BOYS, so much more than princess fashionistas. Fall in love with Lottie Dolls!
- LOTTIE DOLLS are small 7 inch dolls, making them the perfect size for little kids' hands. So cute!
- AWARD-WINNING TOYS for girls & boys, promoting diversity & activity. From campaigners to STEM dolls
- Doll Wheelchair Set - Make sure your doll has a speedy recovery with this pink & purple wheelchair and healing set. Perfect to fit 18-inch dolls of all styles. Doll not included.
- Added Accessories - This set includes everything you need to allow your doll to rest and recover: (1) wheelchair, (1) pair of crutches, (1) bandage, (2) casts - one for arm and one for the lower leg.
- Easy Assembly & Storage - Comes fully assembled. Folds for compact storage and easy to take on the go! Measures: 10.5 inches high.
- Great Gift Idea - This doll wheelchair set is a great pretend play item for preschoolers/ toddlers (3-5 years old), and makes the perfect gift for birthdays, holidays, and any other special occasion!
- High Quality - All is made of top quality built to last for years of enjoyment.
- The latest line of Barbie Fashionistas dolls includes different body types and a mix of skin tones, eye colors, hair colors, hairstyles and so many fashions inspired by the latest trends!
- Barbie doll comes with a wheelchair that has rolling wheels and a working brake, plus a ramp that works with the Barbie Dreamhouse (sold separately).
- The doll also features 22 "joints" -in the neck, upper arms, elbows, wrists, torso, hips, upper legs, knees and ankles -to play out all kinds of motion in and out of the wheelchair.
- She wears a matching top and shorts with green tropical print, orange sneakers and a lemon-inspired fanny pack.
- Her long blonde hair is styled in loose waves for a trendy look.
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Hardcover Book
- Seki, Sunny (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 32 Pages - 03/10/2012 (Publication Date) - Tuttle Publishing (Publisher)
- OSMO IS MAGIC: Fun-filled & award winning learning games. Children interact with actual hand held pieces & an iPad or Fire Tablet, bringing a child's game pieces & actions to life (No WiFi necessary for game play). Osmo Base and iPad/Fire Tablet not included, required for game play.
- TEACHING: Make pizza for customers, collect payment & make change (dollars/coins), & learn the profitability of your business. Additional game concepts include: Addition, Subtraction, Fractions, mental math, design and communication skills (Pizza Co.).
- SKILLS LEARNED: Real-world (business) math, money, addition, subtraction, fractions, fast paced mental math, run & grow a business, social interaction, listening, critical thinking, oberservation, creative problem solving & basic business concepts. Osmo sees and reacts to every real-life move. Geared towards children & love of learning.
- AGE & CAPABILITY: Ages 5-12+. Game is designed for beginner to expert levels. Osmo enables the continuation of learning. Real-time audio and visual feedback lets children learn through experimentation in a stress-free environment.
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX: Pizza/Tray, Toppings, Money tiles, Stackable storage for game pieces & 1 Game App: Pizza Co.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Brad Williams (Actor)
- Scott L. Montoya (Director)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- Assembly of 1 customer-supplied rocking chair or glider
- Glider ottoman assembly, if applicable
- Product should be in the room where it is to be assembled before provider arrives. Moving product after assembly is not included
- Cleanup work area. Take packaging to customer's bins unless customer declines
- Products requiring additional work may result in an updated estimate from provider
When you purchase items from Amazon from this site, I receive a small percentage at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting A Day in our Shoes.