Hello there from suburban Philadelphia! Are you looking for an influential Mom blogger or a blogger in the special needs parenting, education or disability niche? Then you have found one! I am a work-at-home mom to two great boys and one has special needs. As I pursued my certification as a Special Education Advocate, I was amazed at how much information I didn’t know. So that’s what I do here–share information and resources so that you can make more informed decisions regarding your child with special needs. Everything from education to recreation and toys, tech, travel.…it’s all important!
Many bloggers complain about the summer slump…but not here! August was my highest month ever with 112k views and 71k uniques!
And take a look at this Facebook reach! Reaching over 9 million Facebookers (in one week!) with just 18,500 followers. Readers love my content and are sharing with their friends.
Exciting news for 2015! I am starting 2015 as a member of the 100,000 page views club! That’s right, this “little mom blog” now has over 102,000 monthly page views and is always growing. And check out that awesome bounce rate! In full disclosure, January saw a small drop to about 85,000 page views with 50,000 uniques, but I attribute that to focusing on other things, like my spring classes at the library and IEP organizer that I developed and am selling. But these are still components of my blog and add value to it.
ETA: February 2016 was my highest month ever (and a short month!) with 129k page views!
2016 ended with 1.1 million views.
- Page views hover around 100k monthly
- Facebook-21,000 fans + 400 friends + private Facebook group for the blog which has 18,100 members
- Twitter-14,000 followers
- Pinterest-16,500 followers, some boards over 300k followers
- Mailing list of 9500+
700 followers (new to using IG); I deleted my IG account to focus on other channels. I allow followers on my public Facebook posts (personal profile) and that currently has 1830 followers. Figured that is better than IG.
- monthly contributor for MetroKids, over 100k total monthly circulation
Face to face, in person reach-
- PTO chairperson at one child’s school, PTO President at the other
- Board of Directors for special education/disability non-profit
- Fundraising event coordinator at one child’s school
- Member of Strategic Planning committee (hand picked) for my school district
- Moderator of local Facebook group for Moms with 300 members (we meet in person as well)
- Monthly public speaking engagements of 25-50 parents, different locations-different groups, no overlap
- Writing assignments-guest posts, guest columns, editorials and op-eds
- workshops and presentations (email for rates and topics)
- Q & A or expert panel questioning on special education advocacy (email for rates and topics)
- Sponsored posts and reviews (your site or mine)
- Twitter parties or Twitter chat panelists
- Business to blogger events
- for product review purposes, I have two boys, born in 2006 and 2009.
- open to PR relationships
- media buys & sponsored posts
- personal appearances & special events
- interviews (subject matter expert, mom expert, ‘real mom’ interview)
- product reviews
- brand ambassadorship programs
- blog to business arrangements-connecting you with 100s of bloggers.
- Board member for Pennsylvania Education for All Coalition, 2013-2015; Secretary/Executive Committee for 2014-2015
- 2012 Arc advocate of the year
- Have testified before PA State Special Education Funding Commission and PA State Education Branch of NAACP
- Bachelor of Science from Lock Haven University, significant people management experience
- Have been called “One of the most influential moms in the Philadelphia region”
- Sesame Place–ambassador
- McDonald’s-McCafe Moms ambassador
- Longwood Gardens Star Blogger/Ambassador (2013 and 2014)
- National Constitution Center-family blog Ambassador
- member of Netflix Stream Team ambassador program (2014 and 2015)
- member of Love, Hallmark blogger program
- UN Foundation Shot at Life Champion and credentialed lobbyist
- weekly family newspaper column in Kennett Paper and Avon Grove Sun from 2010-2015
About the Blog:
- #14 Family Blog voted by Circle of Moms in 2012
- Featured by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation “Impatient Optimists” blog
- Member of several blogger networks such as Sverve, Mom It Forward, The Motherhood and Mom Bloggers Club
- Bloganthopy Finalist in 2012
- Mentioned by NBC 1o as a “blog to watch” in 2011
- Nominated as one of “Philly Most Important Blogs” in 2011
- Nominated as Circle of Moms “Top Family Blogs” in 2013
- On the blog rolls of The Chester County Daily Local, The Delco Daily Times, The Kennett Paper
If you wish to discuss any of my writing, accomplishments, skills, stats or potential working relationships, please contact me using this form. I know longer publish my email address due to spam and personal harassment from trolls.
Please Note: Individual requests for advocacy assistance and answering your personal questions will not be answered. Please post those questions in the Facebook group.
Yes, I am a “Mom Blogger” too and don’t take offense to being called that. Just remember I have other skills and talents too.
I have many working relationships besides my blog, so I may have the audience demographics that you are seeking. Please ask about specifics for each site or how I can connect you to someone that is a better fit.
If you are looking for information about Smart Spending Spot, I no longer own that site.
I also write for the following:
- Monthly contributor to Grounded Parents, the parenting website of Skepchick, 2013-2015.
- In December 2012, A Day in our Shoes was named #14 in the list of Top 25 Family Blogs written by Moms.
- MetroKids MomSpeak-their online magazine portion, I contribute monthly.
- MetroKids-print,published in July 2012: July 2012 Metrokids p4
- SpecialKids-annual print version of MetroKids entirely devoted to kids with special needs, published in 2012: 2012 SpecialKids p8
- The Kennett Paper and Avon Grove Sun-weekly column called “The Great Outdoors” from 2010-2015
- I have been a moderator for several forums on HotCouponWorld for over four years and a Savings.com DealPro for 2 1/2 years.
Accolades & Media Appearances
- In April of 2012, I was featured on PowerMommy Radio.
- Me on TV: Featured on PHL 17’s morning show “Eye Opener” in May of 2012.
- In 2011, both sites were nominated in their categories for “Philadelphia’s Most Valuable Blogger.”
- I have been featured on Ben 95.7’s “Real Mom Radio” two times, in September of 2011 and again in April of 2012.
- Due to my bargaining prowess, I was made a DealPro in 2011 by Savings.com. That relationship ended when I sold that site in March, 2013.
- I also spread the word as a founding Member of Mom Bloggers for Social Good, which began 1/1/12.
- In 2012, I was nominated as a finalist for the Bloganthropy awards and recognized at BlogHer in NYC.
- In October of 2012, I was chosen for the Global Team of 200, a highly specialized group of members of mom bloggers that concentrates on issues involving women and girls, children, world hunger and maternal health.
- I presented a session at PodCamp East on social media-PodCamp-East 2012-Schedule
- I have also been published in Parenting Special Needs magazine (PDF pending).
- Previously served as a Community Manager for a parenting board, 2006-2010.
I live in southeastern Pennsylvania. It’s considered suburban Philadelphia by many and I love that city! However, I always say “I could walk to Delaware or Maryland if I had to” as I am close to both of those state lines. I live here in the heart of Mushroom Country (Yes, you do get used to the smell.) with my husband, two boys and two dogs.