Hello there from suburban Philadelphia! Are you looking for an influential Mom blogger or a blogger in the special needs parenting, education or disability niche? Then you have found one! I am a work-at-home mom to two great boys and one has special needs. What I do here–share information and resources so that parents can make more informed decisions regarding your child with disabilities and their IEP. Everything from education to recreation and toys, tech, travel.…it’s all important!
- Page views hover around 300k monthly
- Facebook-45,000 fans + private Facebook group for the blog which has 35,000 members
Twitter-14,000 followersDeleted twitter account, was driving less than 1% of page views
- Pinterest-21,500 followers, some boards over 300k followers
- Mailing list of 20500+
- Instagram, 500
- Podcast-Currently has 1500 Listeners
- I allow followers on my public Facebook posts (personal profile) and that currently has 1920 followers.
- monthly contributor for MetroKids, over 100k total monthly circulation
- Board member for Pennsylvania Education for All Coalition, 2013-2015; Secretary/Executive Committee for 2014-2015
- 2012 Arc advocate of the year
- Trained in Special Education Advocacy from organizations such as: Arc, Special Education Advocacy Institute, State and Local Intermediate Units, as well as attended numerous conferences for CEUs
- Have testified before PA State Special Education Funding Commission and PA State Education Branch of NAACP
- Bachelor of Science from Lock Haven University
- Former Instructor for county Adult Vocational Program
- Have been called “One of the most influential moms in the Philadelphia region”
- Sesame Place–ambassador
- McDonald’s-McCafe Moms ambassador
- Longwood Gardens- Star Blogger/Ambassador
- National Constitution Center-family blog Ambassador
- member of Netflix Stream Team ambassador program
- member of Love, Hallmark blogger program
- Ambassador for Oriental Trading Company
- Fellow for Save the Children
- UN Foundation Shot at Life Champion and credentialed lobbyist
- weekly family newspaper column in Kennett Paper and Avon Grove Sun from 2010-2015
- Writing assignments-guest posts, guest columns, editorials and op-eds
- workshops and presentations (email for rates and topics)
- Q & A or expert panel questioning on special education advocacy (email for rates and topics)
- Sponsored posts and reviews (your site or mine)
- Business to blogger events
- for product review purposes, I have two boys, born in 2006 and 2009.
- open to PR relationships
- media buys & sponsored posts
- personal appearances & special events
- interviews (subject matter expert, mom expert, ‘real mom’ interview)
- product reviews
- brand ambassadorship programs
- blog to business arrangements-connecting you with 100s of bloggers.
About the Blog:
- #14 Family Blog voted by Circle of Moms in 2012
- Featured by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation “Impatient Optimists” blog
- Bloganthopy Finalist in 2012
- Mentioned by NBC 1o as a “blog to watch” in 2011
- Nominated as one of “Philly Most Important Blogs” in 2011
- Nominated as Circle of Moms “Top Family Blogs” in 2013
- On the blog rolls of The Chester County Daily Local, The Delco Daily Times, The Kennett Paper
If you wish to discuss any of my writing, accomplishments, skills, stats or potential working relationships, please contact me.
Please Note: Individual requests for advocacy assistance and answering your personal questions will not be answered.
Lisa at ADayInOurShoes dot com
Yes, I am a “Mom Blogger” too and don’t take offense to being called that. Just remember I have other skills and talents too.
I have many working relationships besides my blog, so I may have the audience demographics that you are seeking. Please ask about specifics for each site or how I can connect you to someone that is a better fit.
I also write for the following:
- Monthly contributor to Grounded Parents, the parenting website of Skepchick, 2013-2015.
- In December 2012, A Day in our Shoes was named #14 in the list of Top 25 Family Blogs written by Moms.
- MetroKids MomSpeak-their online magazine portion, I contribute monthly.
- SpecialKids-annual print version of MetroKids entirely devoted to kids with special needs,
- The Kennett Paper and Avon Grove Sun-weekly column called “The Great Outdoors” from 2010-2015
- I was a moderator for several forums on HotCouponWorld for over four years and a Savings.com DealPro for 2 1/2 years.
Accolades & Media Appearances
- In April of 2012, I was featured on PowerMommy Radio.
- Me on TV: Featured on PHL 17’s morning show “Eye Opener” in May of 2012.
- In 2011, both sites were nominated in their categories for “Philadelphia’s Most Valuable Blogger.”
- Featured on Ben 95.7’s “Real Mom Radio” twice.
- Due to my bargaining prowess, I was made a DealPro in 2011 by Savings.com. That relationship ended when I sold that site in March, 2013.
- I also spread the word as a founding Member of Mom Bloggers for Social Good, which began 1/1/12.
- In 2012, I was nominated as a finalist for the Bloganthropy awards and recognized at BlogHer in NYC.
- In October of 2012, I was chosen for the Global Team of 200, a highly specialized group of members of mom bloggers that concentrates on issues involving women and girls, children, world hunger and maternal health.
- Presented (or scheduled to present) at PodCamp East, Brain Recovery Project and numerous local conferences.
- I have also been published in Parenting Special Needs magazine (PDF pending).
- Previously served as a Community Manager for a parenting board, 2006-2010.
I live in southeastern Pennsylvania. It’s considered suburban Philadelphia by many and I love that city! However, I always say “I could walk to Delaware or Maryland if I had to” as I am close to both of those state lines. I live here in the heart of Mushroom Country (Yes, you do get used to the smell.) with my husband, two boys and two dogs.