How to Say Happy Valentine’s Day in Sign Language
What a cute idea! Valentine’s Day cards in ASL. Did you know that ASL is the 4th most used language in the United States? It is! When I heard that statistic, I was amazed. All the more reason to make the extra effort to include kids at this time of year. Valentine’s Day can be tough if you have a disability.
But with these free printable Valentine’s Day cards, you can include more kids in the holiday.
And, the 6 page bundle includes more than Valentine’s Day cards.
Sign Language Valentine’s Day Activities and Worksheets
In addition to the Valentines, there are coloring worksheets and ASL practice cards.happyvaldayASL-FULL
Happy Valentine’s Day in Sign Language
This is an older post that I am updating. And in the past, some have emailed me and asked about Valentine’s cards that include “I love you.” I do not have any at this time, and many teachers have advised me against including them (seen on Facebook page chatter). For the age group that would likely be using these printable ASL valentines, the phrase “I love you” would not apply to school.
Here’s a really cute video of how to say Happy Valentine’s Day in sign language. You may want so show it in conjunction with the printable worksheets and valentines cards.
Valentine’s Day “I love you” sign language card
If you are still looking for such an item, you can try Amazon. They have a variety of items that say I love you in sign language/ASL.
- Handmade item
- Color: silver
- package : charm gift bag
- Materials: zinc alloy metal, pendant, charm, loop, keychain
- Handmade item
- package : charm gift bag
- SHIPPING: 1-2 weeks
- Everyday keychain
- 1. It is made of high-quality wood material, which is not easy to break, can be used for a long time, and is durable.
- 2. A gorgeous symbol to remind you that love is always around you. This hand-designed love symbol is a great addition to any wall space.
- 3. Wide range of uses: exquisite decoration, suitable for living room, bedroom, study and other places, will surely bring surprises to guests
- 4. Lightweight and easy to install. You can install this sign language wooden sign wherever you like.
- 5. This I love you sign language wooden sign is a perfect holiday gift for relatives, friends and colleagues on special holidays such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Mother's Day.
- 🤟I Love You Gifts for Her : Cute gifts engraved with American sign language,make it a best choice for your boyfriend,girlfriend,husband, wife,son,daughter,sign language teacher,asl interpreter,deaf friend,hearing impaired relative,wife,family member,sweetheart,fiance, fiancee,bride,groom,women,men,male,female,him&her.That would be a sweet gift to who has hearing problem.
- 💓I Love You Gifts for Him : Unique keychain for boyfriend husband from girlfriend wife on Valentines Day,Christmas eve,Thanksgiving Day, Birthday,Easter,1 2 3 5 11 year anniversary,Fathers Day,Mothers Day, Hoilday.It also suitable as dating gift,white elephant gift,New Year gift. Take this chance to say I love you to the one special in your heart.
- 🤟🏻Special gifts for Women Men: Hand sign gift ready to be sent for your father,mother,dad,mom,brother,sister,bestfriend,deaffriend,besties,kids,children,classmate,roommate,coworkers,colleagues,grandfather,grandmother,stepmom,stepdad,granddaughter,grandson,stepdaughter,stepson,siblings or anyone you love! Articulate the voice of the heart with your hands, bring joy and surprise with i love you gifts.
- 🧏High-Quality Stainless Steel: Keychain made of stainless steel material,light but without losing texture,smooth and flawless surface, clear and deep engraved.Use sign language gift of I love you for kid,an extra reminder that parent love them very much.
- 🎁Beautiful Gift Box : Come with gift box, ready to give gifts at any time, no need to prepare gift boxes by yourself.Sign language is the best bridge between deaf and hearing people,may this small gift could show your care and feeling.If you have any questions,please feel free to contact with us.
- Sign Language Gifts - Brightly stained glass presents a good decorative effect in different light,lively modelling design makes your window and walls with this Love Sign Decor become more distinctive,also is a good choice for home decoration,Valentine's Day, anniversary, Thanksgiving Day gifts.
- I Love You Hand Sign Language Stained Glass Window Hanging - I Love You Hand Sign Language Suncatchers are made of stained glass SHEETS cutting and copper foil welding, is a pure handmade REAL STAINED GLASS handicraft.
- Packing - Carefully packed, with two layers of plastic bubble wrap inside to prevent damage to the product, and a neat outer case that can be given as a gift.
- Note - Handmade products will have some defects, and those who mind will consider them carefully.
- Dimensions - 6×5.5 INCH with hook and chain, easy to install.
- 【UNIQUE DESIGN】I Love you sign symbol stud earrings,specially gift for girlfriend,your wife.
- 【ABOUT MATERIAL & SIZE】Made of stainless steel,high quality,NO FADE. Size:10*8mm.
- 【Occasions】This is a suitable earrings for daily wear, Of course, it also can consider to be a gift. For example, birthday parties, Valentine's day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and other holiday gifts.
- 【Great Gift】Can Be a Great Gift for your lover,your friends,you mom and your relatives. Mother's Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day gift giving.
- 【SERVICE】If you have any questions about products,please feel free to contact us by email. We promise to respond within 24 hours.
I hope that you and your kids/students enjoy the printable valentines and coloring worksheets I have provided. Make sure you check out the other sensory and STEM activities I have on the blog. You’ll really enjoy the Candy Heart STEM activities!
When you purchase items from Amazon from this site, I receive a small percentage at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting A Day in our Shoes.
ASL and your IEP
If you or your child uses ASL or sign language, or, you wish for them to use ASL, there are a few things you should know.
- ASL is the 4th most common language used in the USA (know this as a reference point, in case you hear “well no one really uses ASL anymore”)
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing and ASL is one of the Special Factors on the IEP, which means that the IEP team must consider and discuss this.
- If you use ASL as a parent, but your child is not deaf or hard of hearing, the school must provide an ASL interpreter if you request it (for IEP meetings, etc). The rule still applies that all communication with the parent must be in a language that you understand.
- If your child is deaf, the team must still consider LRE or Least Restrictive Environment. A district cannot send a child to a school for the deaf just because they are deaf. All other options must be considered and discussed.
- As always, submit your parental concerns in writing, follow up with a PWN.