Behavior Contract Templates for Elementary Kids, Middle School and Teens
Even though my youngest is 9, I consider him a tween. I have all the tween angst and obnoxiousness, just without the double-digit age. Ah, summer. I am dreading it just as much as I am looking forward to it. Definitely looking forward to long, warm days, gardening, good eating. Not looking forward to, “I’m bored!” on Day 3. I went into his room this morning and it is a disaster. I decided that I am not going to spend my entire summer arguing with him, nagging him and planning his every moment so that he’s not bored. He does pretty well with his chore list and allowance, so I have decided that we are going to have a behavior contract for the summer. I likely will continue it into the school year but with different expectations.
It might sound like overkill. Or it might sound like I’m trying to create an IEP for a kid who doesn’t need one. But as I read up on these and searched around for ideas, I found this phrase:
A formal behavior modification form is used in my classroom only when a student does not respond to repeated reminders and prompts and routines designed to change their behavior.
Yep, that’s him. I have everything set up in our home so that our daily routines run very smoothly. There’s really no reason not to put your dirty clothes in the laundry hamper. He has no really groundwork to complain about not having anything to do. Or anything to eat. It’s all here. It’s all very accessible.
So I don’t want to listen to it. As much as this is for him, it’s for me too. As a SAHM, I get exhausted saying “No!” 9000 times a day. Having every expectation in writing will make it easier for me to stick to it. Because I’m pretty sure that he’s going to want to play Fortnite 9000x a day.
Right now, these are the two that I am considering. More links below, 28 options in all.
I think I will take some of the ideas from the teen behavior contract and put them on the blank one.
28 Free, Printable Behavior Contract Templates
- Summer Contract for Elementary School Kids-from Mom Smack
- Contract for Tweens for Summer-from Mom Smack
- Teen Contract for Summer-from Mom Smack
- Interrupting Contract-from Out of This World Literacy
- Student Behavior Contracts and Notices-from Heather Explores English
- Behavior Management Documenting-from Teach 123 School
- Daily Behavior Contract-from Britt Male Blogspot
- Behavior Contract Tweens and Teens-from Kid Pointz
- 17 Free Behavior Contracts-from Teachers Pay Teachers
- Behavior Contract-from Classroom Freebies
- Educational Behavior Contracts-from The Owl Teacher
- Daily Report Contract-from Not So Wimpy Teacher Manual
More help for your household: