All About Me Worksheets
Sending any young child out into the world is scary. Meeting new teachers can be nerve-wracking for kids, and for moms. Additionally, if we throw in some medical concerns, safety concerns and communication issues, and sometimes its a wonder how we do this. There’s also a pretty high turnover rate in special education. So it often feels like our kids are getting new team members just as soon as we get used to the current ones.
My son has multiple seizures a day and is a choking risk for eating and feeding. So believe me I get it when parents are nervous about sending their kids into new environments who don’t know the child. He’s also non-verbal so he is unable to tell me stories about what happened during his day. I rely on his daily communication log a great deal.
During back to school time, this is a huge concern for families like ours. Our different challenges mean we have special concerns, and during August I will hear at least a thousand different versions of “how will my teacher know…” or “what if they don’t read the IEP on the first day?” and similar concerns. I also have templates for a Snapshot IEP or IEP One-Sheet, if that is what you are looking for.
To help out, I’ve collected a dozen examples of some About Me sheets that you can fill in and send in with your child. Sometimes I wonder how Moms did all this stuff without Pinterest and the internet.
You can bring it to Back to School Night or your before-school meet and greet. If your school doesn’t do those, email it beforehand with an introduction. Open, friendly communication can really set the tone for a successful school year.
Author’s Note: You sign up for a free account on Canva.com, and then you can edit this ready-made version that I created. Or, they have a bunch of other cute templates. Then when you’re done, you can save it as a PDF for printing. Click the image of my cute boy for more details.
All About Me Printable Worksheets
For home, preschool, daycare or school.
- All About Me Coloring Printable-from Science and Math Doodles
- Printable, fill in blank from Supply Me
- All About Me Printable (3)-from Tim van de Vall
- Really cute option from Lauren Gregory Designs
- All About Me Printable (4)-from Zip ed dee doo dah
- Free Printable from CanalBlog (blog appears to be in French, but printable is English)
- All About Me Printable (5) -from Teachers Pay Teachers
- First Day of School About Me-from What Mommy Does
- All About Me Printable (6)-from The Files of Mrse
- Printable All About Me-from Teachers Pay Teachers
- Lapbook Activity from Mrs. Jones Creations
Latest posts by Lisa Lightner
- The Special Education Placement Decision Making Process, explained. - November 20, 2019
- 35 “Fun” Names for Seclusion Rooms at Schools. - November 19, 2019
- What Parents Need to Know: IEP Testing and Evaluations| Re-evals | IEEs | Timelines - November 19, 2019