Swim Diaper for Adults
This has been a huge struggle and colossal waste of money for us. Finding an adult swim diaper for an older child that works. And that fit Kevin well. Kevin has really skinny legs, so finding swim pants that were snug around his legs was a challenge.
Well, and his waist. He’s skinny everywhere. Adaptive clothing for our kids is so hard to find! Check out these containment swim briefs from SoSecure.
Older Kids Swim Diaper
Ta-dah! Reusable swim diapers for all sizes that work. I’m excited about the velcro that will solve our skinny leg problem. Here are some of the other features:
- High-tech stretch polyurethane fabric with soft fleece lining
- Elastic waist and legs for added security
- Velcro closures offer fully adjustable sizing that opens up flat for ease of dressing
- Machine washable (hang to dry, do not machine dry)
- Made in North America
- designed to be worn next to skin under a swimsuit
- Intended for bowel containment; however, it will protect a certain amount against urinary leakage
- reviewed by the National Foundation for Continence and selected for their Resource Guide
I’ve seen babies have accidents in our health club pool. They close the pool! Ugh, I mean, I get it, but I would be mortified if everyone was throwing accusing glances at my teen because he did the same thing.
But he can’t help it, you know? This is him below. You can’t even tell.
Best Reusable Swim Diaper
I’ll admit, when I first saw the price, I was a bit miffed.
Then I remembered the $100s of dollars I’ve spent on other swim diapers that didn’t work. I end up taking them to Goodwill.
And without a special needs swim diaper that I can count on, I rearrange our schedules and only go to the pool when I am 99% sure there is no chance of an accident.
Not convenient, is it? I’ll spend the $50.
Added note, 2022: I have been using these for over 4 years, and they are worth every penny!
I love that they allow my son to partake in regular activities with his peers and maintain his dignity. You cannot tell that he is wearing them. They are just dark grey. These adult swim diapers don’t have cartoons or Disney characters on them.
Mind you; I don’t care what people think about being age-appropriate. If your teen or adult loves Disney, go for it! But on an adult diaper, that can be infantilizing.
Adult Swim Diaper on Amazon
You might be wondering, where can I find these reusable swim diapers near me?
Great question. Thankfully Amazon delivers just about everywhere.
|1||Sosecure Reusable Swim Brief Diaper Adult Sizes||185 Reviews||$41.95||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Sosecure Reusable Swim Brief Diaper Youth (Older Child)||9 Reviews||$45.95||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Sosecure Reusable Swim Brief Diaper Youth (Older Child)||6 Reviews||$45.95||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Sosecure Reusable Swim Brief Diaper Youth (Older Child)||3 Reviews||$40.59||Buy on Amazon|
The code that I have provided below might be outdated. You can email them and ask. They also have a generous return policy, but I didn’t need to use it.
Where to Buy Adult Swim Diapers
- Visit the SoSecure website.
- Have a tape measure ready and hopefully a cooperative co-shopper. If not, I wait until he’s asleep.
- Choose what you want and what you like.
- Confirm measurements
More for you to read:
- Struggle with tying shoes?
- More Special Needs and Adaptive Clothing
- Coloring Books for Adults and Teens
- Amazing Gift Ideas for Disabled Teens and Adults
It sounds like I was paid to say this. I wasn’t. This is not a sponsored post. Just really excited about the product.
When you purchase items from Amazon from this site, I receive a small percentage at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting A Day in our Shoes.