Knoebels Grove Amusement Park
One of my favorite places to visit is Knoebels in Elysburg, PA. I have been going there ever since I was a toddler, and my (now deceased) grandmother even went there as a child. It’s that kind of place. Even though it’s a 2+ hour trek for us now, we make sure we get there every summer. It’s not that easy to get to. We have to travel on lots of 2-lane roads. But I love that about the place and I’m used to it.
Knoebels Travel Tips and Tricks
- Knoebels allows you to bring food in.
- But you wouldn’t want to bring your own food. I find their food to be very reasonably priced and very good. They are known for having better food than most amusement parks and win awards for it. They host spaghetti dinners, fish frys and even have a full-service restaurant in the middle of the park. I saw some allergy information posted at some food stands but did not see any carb counts (for T1 families) anywhere.
- Not all of the food stands take credit cards so have cash. Same goes for the ticket booths, some only take cash. The tickets you purchase will only be valid for rides, not food. There are food tickets, but usually, those are sold as part of a company picnic or family reunion.
- One of our favorite things about Knoebels is the many rides for little ones. Their kiddie ride section is the best!
Knoebels Coupons and Discounts
If you are looking for ways to save money, Knoebels does put out discounts each summer. Here are some of them. (note: this is for past years, I do not have 2019 information yet, but a good starting point if you shop at these stores and want to check!)
- At Weis Markets, you can purchase a voucher for $20 in ride tickets for $16, a savings of 20%.
- At Wegman’s, you can purchase a voucher for a weekday all-day ride pass for $5 off.
- If you are an Affiliates of PA Recreation & Parks Society, you can purchase a voucher for a weekday all-day ride pass for $5 off. Funny, since I majored in Recreation at Lock Haven University, I actually know what PRPS is.
- Selected Holsum & Buttercrust Breads have a coupon on the package for $5 off All Day handstamp M-F (these should appear a little later this month).
- Pepsi cans sold regionally have a coupon for $5 off All Day handstamp (M-F).
- A number of area hotels have coupons for $5 off All Day handstamp (M-F).
- Middleswarth Potato Chips have a coupon for $5 off All Day handstamp (M-F) on the Weekender bag. I love Middleswarth chips, the BBQ ones. They are not sold around here but are elsewhere in PA.