Do you love Shark Week? We do! My husband says that the newer Shark Weeks aren’t as good as the older ones, but my kids still enjoy it. Shark Week is fun for everyone, preschool to adults.
And like most things, I try to do an all-around, multi-sensory activities for an event. In other words, when it’s Shark Week, we don’t just watch TV.
We read shark books, do shark crafts, do shark lesson plans to go with skills we are reinforcing at home, have shark snacks and my boys love it.
Shark Week Crafts and Activities for Adults
Shark Week isn’t just for kids anymore. Think about what you can do as far as a pool party or gathering. There are so many possibilities. During the summer, in the workplace, many people take their vacation time and it can be pretty dull.
But, you can add in snacks, games and drinks to make it more fun.
Take a look at this idea from Made With Happy.
Here are more of the best Shark Themed Crafts and Activities I could find on Pinterest.
When is Shark Week?
Shark Week 2023 is July 11-18. You can find all the shows on the Discovery Channel.
Shark Week, the TV one, is always in the summer. It’s a great way to have fun in the summer while you’re at work or ESY.
If I didn’t link to instructions for a project, it’s because I couldn’t find them. Only the picture was available.
I figured some of you crafty types could either figure it out or modify it.
Some of these snacks are perfect for the adult workplace too.
- Gummy Sharks make a great treat to go along with your activities.
- Shark Cookies (cute, they added a surfer to them)
- Shark Cupcakes
- Shark Cake Pops
Shark Crafts and Coloring Pages
- Coloring pages for shark week
- Paper shark with teeth
- Felt shark puppets
- DIY printable Shark Puppet
- Shark made out of glue paint
- Paper plate shark craft
- A shark made out of paper towel or toilet paper roll
- Video tutorial on making a shark craft out of craft sticks (popsicle sticks)
Preschool Shark Activities
- Activities for preschoolers with a shark theme: counting, sight words, etc.
- Paper plate shark craft
- Shark craft with printable to cut out (suggested age is kindergarten)
- Painted shark with instructions from Crayola (pictured below)
- Shark made out of a clothespin-Here is a shark and whale clothespin craft, but I cannot find the original source with the instructions. The picture is pretty self explanatory though. (image above)
- Shark made out of either paper cups or clay pots
Shark Songs and Printables
- Funny Shark Song Video
- Ocean Theme
- Great White Shark
- Great White Shark Pictures and Information (NAT GEO Kids)
- Shark Memory Game
- Flipper Frenzy (An inexpensive educational game by Smart Step)
- Top 10 Shark Facts for Kids
- Shark Children’s Books
- Shark Coloring Pages
- Machine Embroidery Pattern 1 (.JEF file in ZIP format)
- Machine Embroidery Pattern 2 (.JEF file in ZIP format)
- Shark Printable Posters
- Arrange the Tiles Puzzle
- Crossword Puzzle
- Word Scramble
- Word Search
When you purchase items from Amazon from this site, I receive a small percentage at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting A Day in our Shoes.