Halloween Light Play Toys
Even if your child doesn’t like Trick or Treating, you can still enjoy Halloween. Like other parts of our life, Halloween just looks different for me and my family. And I’m ok with that. K may not go trick or treating or want to wear a Halloween costume, there is much more to Halloween.
One of the things I love best about Halloween is the abundance of glow sticks and LED lights and toys. They are just everywhere this time of year!
It is a great time to stock up. Especially if you’re not picky wait until right before or after the holiday and this stuff will be super cheap. I usually buy a whole bunch and keep a stockpile in my pantry.
Especially with longer nights and shorter days coming, we love doing light play.
Benefits of Halloween Light Play
- fulfills sensory need
- helps brighten a dark day
- often the child can maintain focus longer
- beneficial for many visual impairments such as CVI
- calming effect
- educating them, and they usually don’t know it!
- can be used for multiple disciplines: sensory, science, language, fine motor, math, possibilities endless!
20 fun Halloween Glow Sticks/Lanterns and Lights
- Standard glow stick necklaces
- Super Glow Skull Wand
- Happy Halloween Glow Sticks
- Glow in the Dark Pumpkin Wand
- LED Light Up Glowing Pumpkin Wands
- Flashing Pumpkin Ghost Head Spring Glow Wand
- Pumpkin Halloween Flashlight Torch
- Halloween Trick Or Treat Safety Set Pumpkin (Flashlight Torch and Bucket)
- Pumpkin Flashlight Halloween Necklace
- Flashlights On A Rope
- Trick or Treat Wand Halloween Safety Night Light with Sound and Flashing Setting
- Clip-on Lights
- Little Tikes Scream Beams Flashlight
- Spooky 5 Different Lenses Halloween Flashlight
- Halloween Flashlight (digital download)
- LED Skull Flashlight
- Cyalume Green Glow Sticks
- “Avengers” Happy Halloween Trick or Treat Candy Loot Bag w/bonus light necklace
- Keychain Flashlights
- Batman vs. Superman flashlight
Latest posts by Lisa
- What to do when your desired (out-of-district) IEP placement rejects your child. - July 18, 2019
- SUDEP. It’s time to say the word. - July 17, 2019
- IEP Compensatory Education (Comp Ed): What is it? How do I get it? - June 21, 2019