I knew that 2018 had to be different for me. I just didn’t feel right. I knew my health was declining and I was putting on weight. Your 40s come at you quickly. All those articles you read about slower metabolism and all that fun stuff? It’s true. My BMI was 1 point into the obese range and I was at Stage 1 hypertension.
Like millions of people, with the start of the new year, I ‘resolved’ to make some changes. I signed up for a Lifestyle Challenge at my health club. I threw out about 90% of the junk food in the house and switched myself to low/no carbs or sugars. I gave up wine and soft drinks.
When you give up so much, you have these giant gaping holes in your daily routines. For me, it was a soft drink with my lunch and a glass of wine after dinner.
Thankfully, right around the new year, I also committed to this series of blog posts for Twinings of London. They sent me tea. So, with a renewed determination to not drink wine, and with all these teas in the house, I thought, “why not?”
I read the boxes carefully to make sure there were no sugars or caffeine. Check.
So, I just started a new habit. Now I drink a glass of water with my lunch and a cup of tea afterwards, when I return to my desk to work. For that time of day, I like the Lemon Delight.
In the evenings, after everything is cleaned up and everyone is settled, I make a cup of the Buttermint or the Berry Fusion. These are so much better than my glass of wine habit! Both satisfy that “sweet craving” I have after dinner. I don’t want to indulge in desserts since I’ve given up sugar.
These teas are perfect because they have a bit of natural sweetness to them that make you feel like you tasted a dessert. The Buttermint is awesome, even my husband agreed after I got him to taste it. The mint is soft and mixes well with a light butterscotch flavor. It’s very sophisticated tasting. I was afraid that the mint was going to be harsh, which I don’t like. But it’s not.
I’m not going to lie. The first 3-5 days were tough. Giving up sugar, a midday caffeine boost from soda and wine….all at the same time, was hard. Really hard. I was exhausted and had a headache. But once I got over the hump I was fine. And it really was only about 3 days because since I am substituting herbal tea for sugar, alcohol and caffeine, I’m getting more sleep and better quality sleep. I’ve since purchased several more boxes of Twinings of London.
Opportunities often present themselves at just the right time. I am so glad that Twinings of London sent me tea right around the same time I wanted to make some changes.
One of my highlights was that I treated myself to a vintage Corning tea pot. I collect vintage Pyrex, so I wanted a tea pot too.
● The latest Twinings herbal blends include Lemon Delight, Berry Fusion and Buttermint
● Twinings of London has been providing quality tea experiences for more than 300 years.
● The Twinings story began in 1706, when Thomas Twining opened the House of Twining in London with the vision to sell only the finest teas, herbs and infusions
● Beginning with the finest ingredients sourced from all over the world, each unique blend is expertly crafted by a team of master blenders to provide the perfect balance of taste, flavor and aroma.
● Nine Twinings master blenders travel the world to find only the best teas, spices, herbs and fruit infusions available.
● The latest Twinings herbal teas include Lemon Delight, Berry Fusion and Buttermint.
● Twinings herbal teas offer a range of 17 blends for you to explore and enhance your relaxing moments, recharging me-time and roxy.
Now, I’m going to give you, one of my readers, the same opportunity to try tea from Twinings of London.
If you want to learn more about what Twinings of London has to offer:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/twiningsteauk/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/twiningsteauk/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TwiningsTeaUK
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/twiningsteauk/
- Website: twiningsusa.com/
This has been a sponsored post done by me on behalf of Mom It Forward Media and Twinings of London. All opinions are my own.
Latest posts by Lisa Lightner
- FAQs about IEPs and Moving to a Different School/State. - September 16, 2019
- 31 Family-Favorite Apple Picking Orchards in NJ | PA | DE | MD - September 15, 2019
- If I request an IEP meeting, how long does the school have to respond? - September 12, 2019