Valentine’s Day Books for Kids
I don’t know about you, but having kids has totally changed the way I approach holidays. Especially having a child with disabilities, who needs more repetition, but also needs all-inclusive learning and more sensory experiences. Pre-kids, for Valentine’s Day, I would get hubby a card, maybe a special dessert. Now we have a whole box of Valentine’s Day books for Kids.
We also have decorations and special foods. Many people call Valentine’s Day a “Hallmark holiday” or “made up holiday.” Pffft, whatever. Is there something some wrong about taking a day to tell someone you love them and to celebrate love? I don’t think so!
So here are 25 great books about Valentine’s Day for kids. I think that Valentine’s Day and having books to read to your kids is a great bright spot in what can otherwise be a very dark and dreary month.
Children’s Valentine Books
- Lilly’s Chocolate Heart
- Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown
- Clifford’s First Valentine’s Day
- Pinkalicious: Pink of Hearts
- Little People Valentine’s Day is Here (Lift the Flap)
- It’s Valentine’s Day: I Can Read, Level 3
- Where is Baby’s Valentine?
- Fancy Nancy: Heart to Heart
- Roses are Pink, Your Feet Really Stink
- Vintage Valentines (Press Out Book)
- The Biggest Valentine Ever
- The Berenstain Bears’ Valentine Blessings
- Snowy Valentine
- I SPY Little Hearts
- Happy Valentine’s Day, Curious George!
- Happy Valentine’s Day, Mouse!
- Star Wars: A Very Vader Valentine
- Valentine’s Day Dognapping (Scooby Doo Reader)
- Strawberry Shortcake: The Valentine’s Day Mix-Up
- Baby’s First Valentine
- Doc McStuffins My Huggy Valentine
- Thomas in Town: Valentine’s Day in Vicarstown
- A Crankenstein Valentine
- Sesame Street My Fuzzy Valentine
- Junie B. My Valentine
Valentine’s Day Books | Toddlers | Preschoolers
While toddlers and preschoolers love having just about any book read to them, this assortment is for them specifically. Enjoy!
Teen Valentine’s Day Books
Got an angsty teen in your house? Hey, even Batman made the list. And trust me, wasn’t easy to find Valentine’s Day books for teens.
I hope that your Valentine’s Day is fun, peaceful and full of love!
Originally published in 2015, recently updated.