Patriotic Crafts for Kids
If you have a child with very limited skills like I do, crafts can be frustrating. K requires a significant amount of hand-over-hand. I am always on the lookout for very simple, but cute crafts. Simplicity allows him greater independence in finishing a task.
I love themed crafts and activities for so many reasons. First, they help orient kids to the season or time of year. And, it allows for fine motor and sensory skills to be practiced in a fun way. Also, you can expand language and vocabulary if you discuss the project while doing it.
I definitely spend a lot more time pinning than doing anything I see on Pinterest, still, it’s nice to have a list to pull from on a rainy, bored day when we need something to do. I am definitely doing the second one since we use those dabbers often anyway.
12 Easy Patriotic crafts
- Pom Pom Flag-from Free Kids Crafts
- American Flag Craft with Dot Paints-by Meaningful Mama
- Patriotic Window Decorations Visual Craft-by Kindercraze
- Cookie Cutter Star Stamps-from Hubpages
- Patriotic Shaving Cream-from Mom.Me
- Egg Carton American Flag-from Crafty Morning
- Dish Brush Fireworks-by Crafty Morning
- Fireworks in a Bottle-from Not Widdle Waddle
- Popsicle Stick Flag Craft-from Glued to my Crafts Blog
- Patriotic Hand Prints-by B-Inspired Mama
- Patriotic Necklace-from Buggy and Buddy
- Pom Pom American Flag Painting Craft-from Crafty Morning
Other Activities for kids:
- 21 Easy Star Wars Crafts for Kids
- 100+ Plants that Attract Butterflies~plus a no-harm way for your kids to catch them!
- Pool Noodles: 15 fun and creative uses, besides swimming!
- LeapPads: Free Codes, Discount Codes, Apps, Games.
Latest posts by Lisa
- What to do when your desired (out-of-district) IEP placement rejects your child. - July 18, 2019
- SUDEP. It’s time to say the word. - July 17, 2019
- IEP Compensatory Education (Comp Ed): What is it? How do I get it? - June 21, 2019