Simple Patriotic Crafts for Kids
If you have a child with very limited skills like I do, crafts can be frustrating and just so eye-roll-worthy. K requires a significant amount of hand-over-hand, so it can be disheartening at times to see younger kids surpass him in ability. I am always on the lookout for very simple, but cute crafts, that K can do and it doesn’t look like a baby did it. I also don’t like when I can obviously tell that an adult did it while he sat next to them.
I love themed crafts and activities for so many reasons. They help orient kids to the season or time of year. Fine motor and sensory skills can be practiced in a fun way. You can also use them to expand language and vocabulary.
I definitely spend a lot more time pinning than doing anything I see on Pinterest, still, it’s nice to have a list to pull from on a rainy, bored day when we need something to do. I am definitely doing the second one since we use those dabbers often anyway.
12 Simple Patriotic crafts
- Pom Pom Flag-from Free Kids Crafts
- American Flag Craft with Dot Paints-by Meaningful Mama
- Patriotic Window Decorations Visual Craft-by Kindercraze
- Cookie Cutter Star Stamps-from Hubpages
- Patriotic Shaving Cream-from Mom.Me
- Egg Carton American Flag-from Crafty Morning
- Dish Brush Fireworks-by Crafty Morning
- Fireworks in a Bottle-from Not Widdle Waddle
- Popsicle Stick Flag Craft-from Glued to my Crafts Blog
- Patriotic Hand Prints-by B-Inspired Mama
- Patriotic Necklace-from Buggy and Buddy
- Pom Pom American Flag Painting Craft-from Crafty Morning
Other Patriotic Activities for kids:
Patriotic Crafts and Activities
This post from 2016 was recently updated to check links.
Fireworks in Chester County!