The other day on Facebook I asked my followers to describe their last IEP meeting in one Gif. The responses were hilarious! It was only intended to be a Facebook chat thread to amuse us on a Friday, but I thought I’d share some of them here.
I’d love to share them all, but if I put more than that in a post, it was taking forever to load.
Gifs that perfectly sum up an IEP meeting
1. Really, we just want to be heard and validated at IEP meetings.
2. Do IEP meetings bring out your inner mama bear?
3. How many times have your IEP meeting requests been met with “not happening?”
4. It’s just not.
5. Hopefully I only exhibit this one on the inside.
6. Too often this is what an IEP meeting is like.
7. Yes, I wish all IEP meetings were like this!
8. Um, yeah. True story.
9. Just imagine everyone talking in Snoop Dogg’s voice.
10. Yikes! I really hope it’s not like this, although as an advocate I have been to a few.
11. If this is your IEP meeting, you need to read this blog more.
12. Why me?
13. Many times in my mind, this is what I’m doing at an IEP meeting. Polite and dignified on the outside……but on the inside….
14. I hate, hate, hate when IEP meetings go off on tangents on things we don’t need to be discussing.
15. And sometimes you just have to sit back and hope that IEP meeting karma kicks in at some point……
16. When someone agrees with you or you feel validation at an IEP meeting….
17. Excuse me, come again?
Sometimes you just have to take a deep breath and regroup…and laugh at it all. I guess the main point is that we’re not alone!