Have you heard of the Teal Pumpkin Project? Fantastic idea! Tips and treat lists so your house can be a part of a Food Allergy Inclusive Halloween for all kids! Includes where to buy Allergen Free Halloween Candy.
As a parent, I can barely imagine the stress of your child having a life threatening food allergy. I just read another story the other day of a teenager who unknowingly ate something he shouldn’t have, and within 24 hours he was dead. So incredibly sad. I imagine that the stress is similar to the stress I feel knowing about SUDEP…but I digress, and this isn’t all about me.
Still, wouldn’t it be nice if we went out of our way to include all kids in our Halloween festivities? Well, here is some information for those of us not living the allergy-lifestyle every day. If you don’t live it, you may not know what would be acceptable and what isn’t. Why not take the pledge?
So I am passing along this information sent to me from KidsWithFoodAllergies.com. Hope it helps!
Between now and October 17, for just $15 you can order a kit to make it easier for you and fun for your kids.
KFA TEALOWEEN Kit
This kit includes:
- a TEALOWEEN drawstring bag
- #KeepItTeal silicone bracelet
- “This is a Teal Zone” poster
- Pumpkin carving stencil
Order yours before Oct. 17.
Some families choose to #KeepItTeal and only have non-food treats. But if you are looking for allergy-friendly treats to hand out, or for the “switch witch” to leave for your little goblin, here are some top-8 free Halloween candy ideas. These candies are free of peanuts, tree nuts, dairy, egg, soy, wheat, fish and shellfish.
where to order Allergen Free Halloween Candy
- Amanda’s Own-Halloween and fall-shaped chocolates in bags and totes
Chocolate bars with Halloween wrappers
Chocolate lollipops in Halloween and fall shapes
- Amore Di Mona-dark chocolate and Caramela (diabetic-friendly)
- Enjoy Life Foods-Halloween Chocolate Minis, Mini Chips and Morsels Snack Packs,Chocolate chips and morsels for making molded chocolates
- Free2B-Sun Cups, Caramel Cups and Mint Cups in dark or rice chocolate
- Gimbals Gourmet Jelly Beans-Jelly beans, Sour jelly beans,Licorice Scotties
- Glee Gum-All-natural chewing gum
- No Whey! Chocolates-Halloween-shaped lollipops
Pumpkin Ganache Pralines; Halloween figurines
No Fear Chocolate Pea”not” Cups
- Piedmont Candy Company-Old fashioned candy sticks in various flavors
Puffs in various flavors
Minis in peppermint or lemon
- Spangler-Dum Dums Lollipops*
Dum Dums Gummies (exclusively at Dollar General)
- St. Clairs Organics-Organic Sweet Candy,
Organic Sour Tarts
- Strawberry Hill Candy-Halloween novelty suckers – bats, brains, ghosts and pumpkins (no corn syrup)
- Surf Sweets-Halloween Treat Packs of Organic Fruity Bears
Halloween Shaped Organic Lollipops
Gummies – Bears and Worms
Sour Gummies – Bears and Worms
- YumEarth-Halloween Organic Fruit Lollipops
Gummy Bats and Jackolanterns
Halloween Variety Packs
Hard Candy Drops
* Contains trace amount of refined soy oil used in processing.
I hope that this gives you the resources to get started, Happy Halloween! Please share with your friends and neighbors, and pin it!
Pin it to share or save!