I made these last year and I’m going to make them again this week. I found the original idea in People magazine a while back. Want to dazzle and WOW your friends at your next picnic or cookout? Seriously, this simple recipe is so festive, colorful, your guests will comment on them. These Patriotic Strawberry Treats have just 3 ingredients and 5 easy steps. They really impress your friends and are so easy to make.
It’s easy, it’s inexpensive, it’s yummy, and there are teaching opportunities within the project.
- OT fine motor skills
- practicing colors
- practice verbalizing the new words
- bridging ideas in popular culture–like July 4, colors and summer fruits
- new tastes and textures
- steps in a process, following instructions
- patience–waiting for chocolate to cool
Ingredients for July 4 easy recipe-Patriotic Strawberries
- Strawberries, cleaned, cored, ready to eat
- white chocolate for melting
- colored sugar, preferably blue
Steps to make the Patriotic Strawberries
- Prepare your strawberries so that they are ready to eat.
- Melt your chocolate. Use whatever method you are comfortable with–double boiler or microwave. If it your chocolate seizes, add a few drops of milk or vegetable oil and stir in.
- Dip each strawberry 2/3 of the way in the white chocolate.
- Roll the bottom third in a dish of the blue sugar.
Going grocery shopping? Don’t forget your coupons before you go: