Welcome to Letter U day! U is for Understood. If you are a special needs parent, chances are you have read at least a few of the wonderful articles on Understood.org. But there are so many other things about Understood that parents don’t know, and not accessing those valuable resources! Here are 5 things you may not have known about Understood.org.
- Understood is actually a partnership of 15 different non-profits. That is a tremendous amount of resources and knowledge, all in one place….for YOU!
- They have an expert chat every day, Mon-Fri. Every day! You can join in and discuss issues and solutions for your child. Sign up on the website. The Understood Community page is where parents can find info on upcoming webinars and expert chats.
- My favorite–they have a legislative action center! They will keep you informed of issues that affect families and how to act to have your voice heard. The Legislative Action Center is powered by Understood.org partner: National Center for Learning Disabilities.
- You can personalize your experience on Understood. By creating a profile and putting in your child’s information, your online experience will be tailored to what you need to know. Check out Just For You page where parents can start their own profile in efforts of personalizing the site.
- They have information for beyond the school walls. There is an entire section devoted to home and community, because learning and attention issues don’t begin and end on the school bus.
Understood is a fantastic resource for parents. I’m just a one-woman show over here at this site, so I wanted to make sure that you know about all the resources that are available to you. I’d love to be able to publish the amount of information that they do, just not enough money or hours in the day. So make sure you use it when you need it!Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 A Day In Our Shoes