The beauty of technology is there are so many tools and resources to utilize when it comes to “filling in those gaps” many of us lack in skills.
If you, your spouse/partner, and/or your child have any of the following “gaps”, you may want to consider using some cool apps.
Some Executive Functioning “Gaps”:
- poor organizational skills
- difficulty concentrating on tasks
- lack of competency in study skills
- poor note-taking skills
- Dragon Dictation– free app for iPad or iPhone easy-to-use voice recognition application that allows you to easily speak and instantly see your text or email messages. In fact, it’s up to five (5) times faster than typing on the keyboard.
- iAnnotate– users say it best: “Light years ahead of the other PDF annotation apps,” “an indispensable tool to have,” and “the reason I bought an iPad.” Go paperless and utilize one of the best apps for productivity available!
- iStudiezPro-award winning app 2009-2010- Best Young Adults and Best Parenting App for iPad! Best App Ever Award Winner in Education category!
- CourseNotes– great for students- you can add your teachers and color code all of your notes. This app allows you to take notes during class while keeping them organized by subject or meeting. Review your notes later and search through multiple class meetings and notes all at once. You can also keep a To-Do list by marking notes as To-Do items, or track them as assignments with a due date.
- Nudge -quick note to remember something for tomorrow:(i.e. bring pens to school, take clothes to dry cleaner, bio test tomorrow, etc). You set it and until you shut it off it…it Nudges you.
While there may be many “gaps in skills” that most of us need addressed, it is awesome to have some easy-to-use technology to help with providing a bit of a bridge-closing with these gaps.
Many more apps and resources for Executive Functioning concerns and ADD/ADHD to come…Michele