I might be dating myself here, but back in the early 80s, microwaves were a “thing.” After all, they were new then and they were these gigantic, expensive contraptions. And, everyone swore up and down that you could COOK with them, not just reheat stuff. Thirty years later–we’re just reheating stuff. But anyway, my dad and stepmom even went to a special class, to learn how to cook and make actual food with your microwave. Like, actual recipes that used the microwave. It’s laughable now, but it really was a thing.
Anyway, my parents went to this class, and the one recipe that they would make (from that class) was similar to this one. I’ve often tried to replicate it. Of course, skipping the microwave portion because I like my food cooked evenly. Ahem. So finally I tried a bunch of different recipes, tweaked them a bit and this is what I came up with. I definitely wanted a Bundt pan because I am a child of the 70s and 80s. We love Bundt pans. And, lately I’ve been getting lots of great deals on refrigerator biscuits at the Acme. With the holidays here and more people entertaining overnight guests, this is a great recipe to serve. It can’t really be prepared ahead of time but that’s ok.
- 2 small tubes refrigerator buttermilk biscuits OR 1 tube Pillsbury Grands buttermilk biscuits-quarter each one.
- 3 T butter melted
- ½ cup pancake syrup
- ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup of nuts of your choice, optional (I leave them out)
- Spray a Bundt pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine the melted butter and syrup in a small bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts (if desired).
- Place about half of the syrup mixture in the bottom of the pan.
- Place about half of your biscuit pieces on top of that mixture.
- Then sprinkle half of the brown sugar mixture on top.
- Add second half of biscuit pieces, tossing gently so that each piece gets some on it.
- Top with remaining syrup and sugar mixtures.
- Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Latest posts by Lisa (see all)
- where to find free Letters to/from Santa and free photos with Santa - November 21, 2014
- what I have in common with Brian from The Family Guy - November 21, 2014
- how I increased my CPM revenue by 8x with Media.net - November 21, 2014