Hi, and welcome!
- Board member for Pennsylvania Education for All Coalition, 2013-2014; Secretary/Executive Committee for 2014-2017
- Faculty member at National Special Education Advocacy Institute, started spring 2013
- 2012 Arc advocate of the year
- Have testified before PA State Special Education Funding Commission and PA State Education Branch of NAACP
- Board Certified Special Education Advocate from National Special Education Advocacy Institute
- Member of Global Team of 200-group of highly specialized Mom Bloggers who are using their blogs for social good
- Founding Member of PA/NJ Bloggers for Social Good
- Bachelor of Science from Lock Haven University, significant people management experience
- Have been called “One of the most influential moms in the Philadelphia region”
- Sesame Place-ambassador
- McDonald’s-McCafe Moms ambassador
- Longwood Gardens Star Blogger/Ambassador
- member of Netflix Stream Team ambassador program
- member of Love, Hallmark blogger program
- UN Foundation Shot at Life Champion and credentialed lobbyist
- weekly family newspaper column in Kennett Paper and Avon Grove Sun
About the Blog:
- #14 Family Blog voted by Circle of Moms in 2012
- Featured by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation “Impatient Optimists” blog
- Member of several blogger networks such as Sverve, Mom It Forward, The Motherhood and Mom Bloggers Club
- Bloganthopy Finalist in 2012
- Mentioned by NBC 1o as a “blog to watch” in 2011
- Nominated as one of “Philly Most Important Blogs” in 2011
- Nominated as Circle of Moms “Top Family Blogs” in 2013
- On the blog rolls of The Chester County Daily Local, The Delco Daily Times, The Kennett Paper
- Facebook-300 friends and 4300 followers
Pinterest-some boards have over 65,000 followers
- Instagram-275 followers
- Current page views are hovering around 25k monthly, with about 15k uniques.
- Writing assignments-guest posts, guest columns, editorials and op-eds
- workshops and presentations (email for rates and topics)
- Q & A or expert panel questioning on special education advocacy (email for rates and topics)
- Sponsored posts and reviews (your site or mine)
- Twitter parties or Twitter chat panelists
- Business to blogger events
- for product review purposes, I have two boys, born in 2006 and 2009.
- open to PR relationships
- media buys & sponsored posts
- personal appearances & special events
- interviews (subject matter expert, mom expert, ‘real mom’ interview)
- product reviews
- brand ambassadorship programs
- blog to business arrangements-connecting you with 100s of bloggers.
If you wish to discuss any of my writing, accomplishments, skills, stats or potential working relationships, please email me at:
Yes, I am a “Mom Blogger” too and don’t take offense to being called that. Just remember I have other skills and talents too.
If you are looking for Special Education Advocacy services, please call 610.696.8090 (Chester County, PA only). Outside of Chester County, please visit our tab up top that says “Find a Special Education Advocate.”
Please contact me at Info@LisaLightner.com to inquire about how we can help promote your brand.
I have many working relationships besides my blog, so I may have the audience demographics that you are seeking. Please ask about specifics for each site or how I can connect you to someone that is a better fit.
A Day in our Shoes is the blog inspired by my son with special needs. While no “special needs” content is exempt from Shoes, the main focus of the content is on Special Education and Special Education Advocacy, and other related services for our kids.
If you are looking for information about Smart Spending Spot, I no longer own that site.
I also write for the following:
In December 2012, A Day in our Shoes was named #14 in the list of Top 25 Family Blogs written by Moms.
MetroKids MomSpeak-their online magazine portion, I contribute monthly.
MetroKids-print,published in July 2012: July 2012 Metrokids p4
SpecialKids-annual print version of MetroKids entirely devoted to kids with special needs, published in 2012: 2012 SpecialKids p8
The Kennett Paper and Avon Grove Sun-weekly column called “The Great Outdoors”
Accolades & Media Appearances
In April of 2012, I was featured on PowerMommy Radio.
Me on TV: Featured on PHL 17′s morning show “Eye Opener” in May of 2012.
In 2011, both sites were nominated in their categories for “Philadelphia’s Most Valuable Blogger.”
Due to my bargaining prowess, I was made a DealPro in 2011 by Savings.com. That relationship ended when I sold that site in March, 2013.
I also spread the word as a founding Member of Mom Bloggers for Social Good, which began 1/1/12.
In 2012, I was nominated as a finalist for the Bloganthropy awards and recognized at BlogHer in NYC.
In October of 2012, I was chosen for the Global Team of 200, a highly specialized group of members of mom bloggers that concentrates on issues involving women and girls, children, world hunger and maternal health.
I presented a session at PodCamp East on social media-PodCamp-East 2012-Schedule
I have also been published in Parenting Special Needs magazine (PDF pending).
Previously served as a Community Manager for a parenting board, 2006-2010.
I live in southeastern Pennsylvania. It’s considered suburban Philadelphia by many and I love that city! However, I always say “I could walk to Delaware or Maryland if I had to” as I am close to both of those state lines. I live here in the heart of Mushroom Country (Yes, you do get used to the smell.) with my husband, two boys and two dogs.